Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Time to Play

Hello stampers!  Thanks for coming back for a visit!

Have you ever run across this quote..."There's no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is when you have lots to do and not doing it."?   This little gem of wisdom is attributed to Andrew Jackson, but it sounds more like Mary Engelbreit to me.  Well, no matter who said it, I think it just might be true.  Usually I'm super conscientious and have a well-thought-out plan for making sure that I get everything done, not just on time, but early!  I do have quite a bit on my plate right now, and for that I'm very grateful.  Without my upcoming stamping parties and classes, my business would be dead.  But last night I decided to "play" with stamps I've seldom used, and I've got a pile of them.  They sit on my counter and taunt me, so last night I decided to get some of those little-used stamps inky.  I felt just the tiniest bit guilty playing around when I have a long to-do list, but not really.  I think we all need to take a break from the cooking, the cleaning, the ironing, or whatever we routinely do and engage in something resembling play.  Playing is refreshing! A change in routine is refreshing!

So, here is a card that I made last night while playing around with little-used stamps.



This very clean and simple card features a set called Raining Flowers ( page 73 of the big catalog).  It was one of the stamp sets we got in our convention bags last year and it is a set I probably would never have chosen.  It has both solid and line-art stamps in the set and I'm going to play with it again very soon.  It is the kind of set that is perfect for making a masterboard.  I'll work on that in the coming days and come up with something fun to show you.  Meanwhile, let me give you a quick description of the colors:

Cardstock:  Pool Party, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Old Olive (stamped off once), Pool Party, Early Espresso
Sentiment:  Sassy Salutations
Ribbon:  Ruffled Ribbon in Pool Party

Please come back on Friday to see a new favorite color combination... I think you'll like it.  But until then, I suggest you go play!
Happy Wednesday, everyone!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment