Monday, April 22, 2013

Manly Monday

Hello Stampers!
Happy Monday and thanks for stopping by The Classic Card today.

Today, in case you forgot (or didn't know) is Earth Day, 2013. I showed you a card last week with recycled corrugated cardboard.  I'm wondering if you've tried finding some recycled paper or other recycled materials to use in card-making.  By the way, did you know that your Big Shot will cut aluminum soda cans easily?
Just take a pair of utility scissors and cut the top and bottom out of an aluminum can.  The bendy sheet that is left will cut very cleanly in the Big Shot if you are using one of the black foam-covered dies. A sizzlit is not strong enough to cut through the metal.  It might be fun to experiment with a soda can and one of the black, foam-covered flower dies.  A shiny metal flower might be a fun accent piece for a card!

Since we've already taken care of Earth Day, let's move on, shall we?  Today I've got a great card for you that we made at Elena's party over the weekend.  It's a fun card to make and would be fun to receive as well, because when you slide off the "belly band," the card opens up accordion style.  There is room for a bit of writing, some stamping, and even a small photo or two.  This was designed as a Father's Day card, but by changing the colors and the sentiments, it could be a birthday card, a baby announcement with photos of the new arrival, or just about anything you wish!  Here you go... take a look.



The colors are Midnight Muse, Cajun Craze and Very Vanilla.  The DSP is from the Comfort Cafe collection.  The watch is from a new set in the spring catalog called Dapper Dad.  If you would like to have the measurements and the instructions for making this card, just send me a quick email to sjrstamps@gmail.com and I'll email them out to you right away.

I'm so excited for Wednesday the 24th.... that's when the list of discontinued stamps comes out and as soon as I get it, I'll be mailing it on to you so you can see what is going away.  Then I will be doing a massive purge of my stamp room, in preparation for my big garage sale, which you do not want to miss.!  You'll be receiving more information about that as the time draws closer.

Unless the weatherman was just teasing us again, we are in for a great week of sunshine and I can't wait!
I plan to spend some time in the back yard just soaking up some of those awesome rays of golden light.
Please come back on Wednesday when I'll have another classic card for you!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment