Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Flower Fair Fun

Hi there, stampin' peeps!
Thanks for stopping by The Classic Card on this fine Wednesday!

Despite what the weather man said about Tuesday being cloudy, I thought it turned out rather nicely, with the sun shining more than I thought it would.  I even spent about an hour on the porch in the sun, until a big ol' black cloud blocked the sun and it became too chilly.  Let's hope for an "in and out" kind of day today too!  I'm happy if there's even a bit of sun!

Today I'll be showing you another card that you'll make if you come to my Flower Fair Class on Saturday, April 27th.  As you might remember, this class is based on the Flower Fair Simply Scrappin' Kit that is featured in the spring catalog.  The kit comes with 8 sheets of colored card stock, so if you cut those sheets into quarters, you can make 32 cards with the solid card stock (using white card stock for your card base).  It also comes with 6  6x6 sheets of DSP. You'll have all 6 of the sheets left in your kit, because the only things you'll be using from your own personal Simply Scrappin' Kit  will be some of the flower stickers, some of the ribbon, and some of the buttons.  You'll still have leftovers of those embellishments to take home.

The cost of the class is $25, but 17.55 of that is the Flower Fair Simply Scrappin' Kit ($15.95 plus 1.60 for shipping).  Of course I'll be feeding you some yummy snacks and there'll be some fun door prizes too, so I hope you'll sign up to join us for this relaxing and creative afternoon.

Here's today's card



The card stock colors are Regal Rose, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White.  The flower was punched out with the Fancy Flower punch.  I punched out two, cut between the petals so I could bend them up, and then I put both flowers through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I added a Daffodil Delight center cut with the Floral Fusion Sizzlit (page 191 of the annual catalog).  Then I added one of the buttons that comes in the kit threaded with some white baker's twine (page 172 of the annual catalog).  I sponged the edges of the petals with some Pretty in Pink ink.  The Regal Rose ink is just too dark, so don't do what I did and ruin a flower with it!  The leaves are stickers from the kit.  It's so easy to just peel them off and stick them on.

I cut out the large circle with the 3 1/2 " Circle Originals die ( page 193 of the annual catalog), then used the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder on it too.  The DSP that I used for the banner comes in the kit.  I sponged around the edge of it with the Pretty in Pink ink to give a bit more definition to the edge of it.  My favorite set of sayings--Teeny Tiny Wishes came to my rescue once again.  I stamped in Regal Rose, then punched with the Modern Label Punch, then sponged the edges in Pretty in Pink.  This card came together quickly with the Mojo Monday layout # 214.  If you are getting tired of trying to think up new layouts or sketches for your cards, you should give Mojo Monday a try.  You can find it at www.mojomonday.blogspot.com.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!  And please meet me back here on Friday, when I'll have another bright and flowery card to cheer you up.  Who knows?  The weather man says it is supposed to rain on Friday, so you may well need something cheery to look at!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment