Friday, March 29, 2013

Sunshiny card for a sunny day!


Hello stampers and welcome to Friday!  The weather man says we may hit 70 degrees today.... woo hoo!
If that happens, I'll be breaking out the capris and sandals, how about you?  I can't wait for better weather.

In honor of Mr. Sun, I've got a bright and cheery card for you.  Take a peek...



This card is quick and easy to make, thanks to the Quint-Essential Flower stamp.  I stamped it 4 times in 4 different colors:  Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeaid, and Rich Razzleberry again. Then I punched each layer with its corresponding punch.  Take a look at page 110 of the annual catalog to see the different punches that go along with the Quint-Essential Flower stamp, also on page 110 at the top of the page.  This great stamp is only $8.95 and you'll find yourself using it again and again.

The designer paper is called Floral District and it has been one of my favorites since I purchased it last summer.  Unfortunately, it is almost gone and I won't be purchasing more of it, as all of the designer paper will be going away at the end of May and we'll have all new papers in the new catalog which comes out June  1st.

The sentiment is from another one of my favorite sets... Fabulous Phrases.  You can find this workhorse set on page 133 of the annual catalog.  The swirly font is perfect for feminine cards, but I wouldn't be using this set on a card for a man.  Some scalloped grosgrain ribbon in Old Olive (turned so the polka-dots don't show) adds extra interest under the 3-D flower.  In case you haven't noticed, Old Olive and Lucky Limeaid are really, really close in color.  So if you need some ribbon to go with Lucky Limeaid and you don't have any, you can substitute Old Olive and it will be just a shade away from a perfect match.

I'm off to do some baking for a baby shower I'm attending on Saturday.  When I finish, I'll take a photo of the completed project and share it here on Monday.  Meanwhile, I hope you'll all enjoy a wonderful Easter with lots of sunshine, chocolate, and jellybeans
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment