Monday, July 16, 2012

Ho Ho Holiday Mini!

Hello Stampers!
It's the start of a new week, and for me it will be an exciting week indeed, as I'll be spending it in Salt Lake City at the huge Stampin'Up! convention with 4,000+ other demonstrators.  I've got everything ready to go... bags packed, swaps finished and tomorrow I get on the plane.  But meanwhile, what did you think of the Holiday Mini catalog that you recently received?  Isn't it just packed with the best stamps/accessories ever??  If you didn't receive your mini-catalog yet, please let me know.  Also, please send me a quick email with your top three favorites and I'll enter you in a drawing to win a package of the Snow Festival Designer Series paper.  You have until July 21st to contact me.  I'll be drawing the winner when I return on July 22nd. 

Before I go off to the convention, I wanted to show you a cute card I made for a swap I'm participating in when I return from convention.  I decided it would be a very good idea to get these finished up before leaving town, because I've got to hit the ground running when I get back.  The fun set "Owl Occasions" was my choice of stamps for this swap... just love that cute little guy.  Here's my card---



Doesn't he look jolly in his little Santa hat?  The colors I used were pulled directly from the Be of Good Cheer designer paper, which is found in the big catalog on page 164--- Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, and Very Vanilla.  I used the Labels Collection Framelits to cut out the focal panel and the Cherry Cobbler mat.  The saying is part of the Owl Occasions set and I punched it out with the Modern Label Punch.    For the holly, I colored directly on the stamp with a Gumball Green and Cherry Cobbler marker.  A bit of stitched satin ribbon in Gumball Green finishes off the card.  Oh... I forgot... Mr. Owl has tiny pearls for eyes.

I hope all of you have a wonderful week!   Check back here later in the week, as I'm going to be posting a few new blog entries while I'm in SLC.  I'm not sure how much blogging I'll manage to get in, but I'm going to try.  Enjoy browsing through your new Holiday Mini-catalog! 

Stamp something pretty today!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment