Monday, July 9, 2012

Hurray for Summer!

Hello stampers and happy Monday!

Sorry I've been MIA for the last few days.  It has been crazy around here with visiting family, plus organizing the 15th annual Woodhaven 4th of July parade.  But all is well because summer arrived right on schedule (July 5th).  The 4th wasn't bad, but it definitely warmed up considerably on the 5th.  And Sunday was downright hot and quite humid.  It was a perfect day, I thought!  Perfect for lots of summery things, like a delicious chopped chicken salad (here's what I put in... you can add or subtract ingredients:   chopped chicken [left-over rotisserie chicken is perfect for this] chopped lettuce [I use a mixture of romaine and iceberg] black olives, garbanzo beans, chopped pepperoncini peppers, red onion, celery, fresh basil, tomatoes, freshly shredded parmesan, diced green pepper [red would be prettier], and then to finish it off, pour on some Romano Caesar dressing from Trader Joe's.  This is one of our favorite summertime dinners--- so yummy and so quick to make!  Try it!

OK, sorry I got side-tracked with a recipe, but I know you'll be a lot happier if you can have something delicious for dinner that doesn't take a long time to make and doesn't heat up the kitchen. 
Now I know you'll also be a lot happier if you have a pretty card to look at, so let me take care of that right now.  Here it is in all of its summery deliciousness...

Some of you have seen this card before, because we made it at my Designing with Color class.  But for the rest of you it is new.  The colors here are Rich Razzleberry,  Lucky Limeaid, and Daffodil Delight. The stamps are from the Betsy's Blossom set  and the designer paper is called Floral District.  The ribbon is the new stitched grosgrain.  The sentiment is from one of my favorite sets,  A Word for You.  I love the mixture of script and print... whimsical and fun!  The razzleberry reminds me that it is time to go berry-picking.  Rowell's U-pick in Scholls is a great place to get some delicious blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. 

Good news... I have finished my convention swaps and will be showing them to you in the next few days.  You've already seen a couple of them, but some will be new to you.  OK, I know you're going to think I'm weird (we artists are just that way), but I was listening to Christmas music as I was finishing up my last swap. I like to listen to Christmas music all year... see, I told you I'm weird. There I was, putting on the last little bows with glue dots and the Hallelujah Chorus came on Pandora. What a triumphant conclusion to weeks of making swap cards.  Hallelujah indeed!  I'm thrilled to be finished!  I leave for convention on July 17th. 

If your summertime schedule allows, wouldn't you like to join us in air-conditioned comfort this coming Saturday, July 14th at 10:30 for some stamping fun?  Jeri is the hostess and I know she'd love to have you attend.  Just send me a quick email message letting me know you'd like to attend and I'll add your name to the list.

Well, stampers, it is time for me to get busy preparing for my next Technique Tuesday, which is Tuesday, July 24th, just two days after I get home from the Stampin'Up! convention.  I'm thinking I'd better get all my ducks in a row before I leave town.  I have 6 spots left, so if you'd like to attend, please email me (sjrstamps@gmail.com) quickly and I'll save a spot for you.

Happy Monday!  Don't forget to come back on Wednesday for another classic card.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment