Friday, July 27, 2012

Senility is Setting In!

Hellooooo Stampers!

Friday is upon us and another summer weekend is just ahead!  How great is that?  Summer+ sunshine+ weekend=  a happy place to be!  Now, about that senility I mentioned... I was reviewing past blogs and just realized that I committed the unpardonable sin of posting the same card twice.  YIKES!  I hope that this is the first (and last!) time that has happened.  So I guess you've really seen enough of that little owl.  Let's allow him to retire gracefully to his nest in a hollow tree somewhere and move on to different stamp sets, OK?

I've got a bright and happy card for you today, made by my talented downline member Janet Jones.
Janet and I share a love for clean and crisp cards and this one certainly fits that description.
Take a look and let me know what you think---


This card features one of my favorite sets from the new annual catalog--- "Blooming with Kindness."
In addition to the gorgeous chrysanthemum, this set also includes 5 beautiful sentiments in a scroll-y script that adds a touch of elegance.
Janet used Melon Mambo, Old Olive and Whisper White as her color scheme.  The flower was first stamped in VersaMark ink, then embossed with Melon Mambo embossing powder for an elegant raised blossom.  She layered DSP from the Brights Collection on top of a Whisper White panel that was embossed using the new Fancy Fan folder from the annual catalog. Some Lucky Limeaid Baker's Twine finishes the card off nicely.

I hope you'll all enjoy a relaxing weekend and that you'll make time to stamp something pretty today!
Thanks for stopping by!
Susan

1 comment:

  1. Susan, I love this card. I wish I knew something about embossing. Debbie

    ReplyDelete