Monday, July 2, 2012

Pretty Primrose

Hello stampers!  Welcome to a new week at The Classic Card. 
Actually, I'm not sure how much I'll be blogging this week, as the Seattle troops are arriving on the 3rd.  I know you're probably busy as well with all sorts of July 4th activities, so maybe you won't even notice if I'm not here blogging.

Today I have a very pretty card for you that I CASEd from Lyssa Zwolanek.  (CASE stands for Copy And Steal Everything and it is something that stampers frequently do.  It is perfectly fine to do, but you MUST give credit to the original creator).   Of course I made a few changes, but not many, so I totally cannot take credit for this card.   Check out my version of Lyssa's beautiful card...




Lyssa's card had a vertical strip of the First Edition specialty paper (the one that looks like newsprint).  I changed that out and used Very Vanilla card stock, put through the Big Shot with the new Fancy Fan embossing folder.  The swirls on her card were stamped in ink... mine are stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  Instead of cutting a V shape at the bottom of the strip, I used the Full Heart punch to create the scalloped edge. 
The paper I used is Primrose Petals and Very Vanilla card stock.  The Ink is Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple.  The stamp set is Everything Eleanor ( page 112 of the annual catalog... love this set!)  The sentiment is from my "go-to" sayings set, Teeny Tiny Wishes.

If you've got a minute, you might want to write yourself a note that says "Get Everything Eleanor set from the new catalog," just so you'll be reminded!  It is a very versatile set that you can use for so many occasions... birthdays, weddings, sympathy, thinking of you, thank you... the list goes on and on.  Note to Portland people... the set even has a bird in it, so you can instantly turn any card into art!

OK, stampers, that's it for today!  I hope you'll all have a very festive fourth and I'll hopefully see you back here later in the week.
Thanks for reading!
Susan

1 comment:

  1. OK, Susan, didn't know you were a fan of Portlandia, but this lovely card obviously didn't need a bird to be a art. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete