Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Wednesday Wow

Hello Stamping Friends!   Happy Wednesday to all!

The days are flying by quickly, now that summer is finally here.  Why does time pass so quickly when the days are sunny and warm and drag so slowly when the days are gray and cold??  Well, we can contemplate that another time, because I'm too busy enjoying summer to give even a thought to those other days!

I spent the day in my stamp room yesterday,  busily creating cards for upcoming events.  I've got two great cards ready for the class on July 24th (by the way, it is now filled).  And now I'm working on some cards for a Holiday Mini-catalog swap that I'll be participating in right after I get back from convention.  Speaking of the Holiday Mini-catalog, you should be getting one in the mail in the next week or so.  They've been mailed, so it's just a matter of time before you find yours in your mailbox.  I know I say this every time, but I think you're going to love this one ( that's LOVE in capital letters and flashing neon!).  First of all, it's big (8 1/2 by 11, and 40 pages long).  Secondly, there are many stamps and accessories that are going to be calling your name.  The best way to get the goods is to get them free when you host a stamping party.  I make it totally easy for you to be a hostess and get the hostess freebies.  I clean my house, design the cards, cut the paper and ribbon, set everything up, and of course I do the clean-up as well. I'm the little red hen who does it all!  What a deal!  All you have to do is bring along some friends and some snacks.  I don't know how I could make it any easier, but if you have any ideas, please let me know. 

OK... let's get to the Wednesday Wow card.  I hesitate to use the word "wow" when talking about my own work.  So let's just say this is a "wow" card because it has lots of layers, hand-cut flowers, sparkly shimmer paint, and pearls.  I have to say, though, that I really love this card and I hope you do too.  (Note:  We'll be making this card at Jeri's party this Saturday, July 14th at 10:30 at my house, so give me a call or email me if you'd like to attend  503-925-1929 or sjrstamps@gmail.com).





You can't see it in the photo, but the flowers are iridescent (spritzed with Frost White Shimmer Paint mixed with rubbing alcohol). 
The colors are Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White.  The sentiment (from Blooming with Kindess)  is stamped in Early Espresso.  The rest of the stamps are in the fabulous Everything Eleanor set.  Uh oh!  I see the pearls are missing from the center of these flowers.  We will be using pearls on Saturday!

Thanks for stopping by today, stampers!  I hope you'll take a few minutes out of your busy day to stamp something pretty.  When we put our lives on pause long enough to be creative, then we feel less stressed,  more relaxed, and happier.  And I want you to be happy!
I'll see you back here on Friday!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment