Friday, March 2, 2012

Sweet Easter Bunny

Hello Stampers!

Yay--- it's Friday!  Even though I'm retired, I still think there's something special about Fridays.  I always get a burst of energy when Friday arrives, even if I don't have anything exciting planned for the weekend.  Of course, now that we're in the middle of Sale-a-bration, I do have exciting things on my calendar... stamping parties!  I'm always excited to share my love of stamping with anyone and everyone.

Today I've got a cute Easter card for you, made by one of the talented stampers in our Stamp2gether group, Shannon Carrier.  Shannon is an engineer who works at Mentor Graphics, but as you'll see from this card, she's a woman of many talents.  Not only is she good with computers, she also knows her way around stamps, ink, and paper!  Check out her card...



Here's a quick list of what you'll need to create this darling card, which would be perfect to send to anyone at Easter:

Stamps:
Everybunny, 122707 (clear mount)
Ink:  Jet Black Staz-On, 101406
        Pink Pirouette stamp pad, 111838
        Pool Party stamp pad, 122938
        Basic Gray stamp pad, 109120
Paper:
        Wisteria Wonder DSP from the 2011-2013  In-color Paper Stack 122384
        Pool Party card stock, 122924
        Pink Pirouette card stock, 111351
        Watercolor Paper, 122959
Accessories:
        Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, 117335
        Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, 109070
        Dimensionals, 104430
        Blender pens, 102845
        Aqua Painter, 103954
         
To color using ink pads, take a closed pad and press the lid down against the pad, then open the lid.  You'll see a little spot of color on the inside of the lid.  You can use a blender pen or aqua painter to pick up the color, then just color the image.  Staz-On ink is a solvent-based ink, so it won't run when the moist color hits it.  For the wash of blue, you'll need an aqua-painter to get that smooth swath of color. 

Thanks to Shannon for allowing me to show her card today!  Hope you'll all enjoy a relaxing weekend.  I understand that school children all over the country are celebrating Dr. Seuss's Birthday today.  Maybe I'll go fix some green eggs and ham in his honor.  Don't forget to come back and visit me on Monday.  I'll have another classic card for you!
Happy stamping!
Susan





















No comments:

Post a Comment