Friday, March 30, 2012

A Sunny Easter

Hello stampers!  Well, it's Friday of Spring Break and I don't think we've seen the sun for more than a couple of hours all week.  I know that's not unusual, but I do feel sorry for those kiddos whose parents weren't able to take them to Hawaii, the Bahamas, or Disney World to enjoy some sunshine.... and I'm thinking that's a LOT of kids! 

I wish I could say that we are guaranteed to have sun for Easter, but that is wishful thinking.  In Oregon, we have to create our own sunshine and that is what I've tried to do with this card.  So today, check out this sunny Easter card... just right for sending to family and friends.  And it won't take a long time to make, either!


The scalloped square card base adds a bit of "something different," as you all know how bored I get with the same old card size.  I love how the large oval adds a nice egg-shaped element to the front of the card... so much more interesting than just stamping the image on a rectangle. 
Here's a quick list for you:

Stamps:
Heaven Blessed (in the Occasions mini-catalog)

Ink: 
Jet Black Staz-On

Paper:
Whisper White
So Saffron

Accessories:
Scallop Square Die for the Big Shot
Ovals Die for the Big Shot
Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder for the Big Shot
Watercolor Wonder Crayons
Blender Pens
White Taffeta Ribbon
Dimensionals

If you haven't tried coloring with the Watercolor Wonder crayons, you are missing out!  They are so easy to use and the results are amazing.  Just scribble some color onto the image, then blend it out to the edges with a blender pen... so easy and so smooth!

Sale-a-bration is almost over, stampers! I hope you took the opportunity to place an order and receive a free stamp set!  Getting something free is a rarity, and you won't have a chance to get a free set again until next January, once Sale-a-bration is over on March 31st. 
Have a great weekend, everyone!  I hope you'll get out of the house and do something fun, despite the rain!  Or better yet, stay in the house and do something fun--- stamping! 
Thanks for stopping in today and please check back next week for more stamping inspiration.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment