Friday, March 16, 2012

...With a Cherry On Top!

Happy Friday, Stampers!

Yay... the weekend is almost here!  I'll be stamping the weekend away and hope you'll find some time to stamp too!  Sale-a-bration is still with us and I'm definitely Sale-a-brating!  If you haven't received some free product from Stampin'Up! yet, I can help you with that.  Just give me a call or send me an email (contact info is shown on my blog "header") and I'll help you figure out what to order so that you, too, can receive a free item with your $50 order.

The card I have to show you today is one that you could easily make in quantity and have ready for upcoming birthdays.  This one is suitable for everyone--men, women, and children.  How often can you say that about a card?  And it is simple, too, which means it goes together quickly.  Check it out...


OK, I have to admit that if I was planning on making this for a guy, I'd leave off the organdy bow and probably substitute some Lucky Limeaid baker's twine (125572).  Also, I might just give the cherries a coating of Crystal Effects (101055) to make them shine instead of the red glitter paper.  But other than that, this design and colors would work for everyone.  And I love the greeting "Happy Birthday with a cherry on top!"
Notice that this card doesn't use the Big Shot, although it could.  I think the Lucky Limeaid panel would look nice embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, but I was deliberately trying to keep this card quick and simple.

Here's a list of what I used:

Stamps: 
122737   Button Buddies
120528   A Word for You

Ink: 
123002   In-color Marker Assortment (I used the Lucky Limeaid to color directly on the stems)
100052   Real Red Marker (to color the cherries)
101179   Basic Black Stamp Pad

Paper:
100730  Whisper White card stock
122926   Lucky Limeaid card stock
102482   Real Red card stock
117155   Designer Paper Stack, Brights (for the Real Red polka dotted paper)

Accessories:
Lucky Limeaid 1/8" Organdy ribbon (this is part of an accessory package, including two rolls of ribbon ---one Lucky Limeaid, the other Calypso Coral--- plus 30 printed brads that is a FREE Sale-a-bration item)
124005   Red Glimmer Paper
119873   3/4 inch Circle Punch
104430   Dimensionals
        
I'll be at Polar Bear Yogurt in Sherwood on Wednesday, March 28th at 11:30 with this cute card!  You can join me for only $5.00 and that includes a small yogurt ($3.00), so the two cards with envelopes are only $2.00... that's practically a give-away! Send me a quick email if you'd like to attend.  I'll show you the second card when I return on Monday.  Meanwhile, have a wonderful weekend!  Don't forget to give yourself a little break from the weekend routine and stamp something pretty! 
Thanks for stopping by today!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment