Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day Special !

Hello stampers and happy Leap Day!  Since this day happens only once every 4 years, I have a special deal for you today.  Place an online order today up to 10 pm tonight for any product that I mention in this post and I will send you a check for 10% of the merchandise total.  This is for online orders only.

Those of you who are my regular customers know that I love clean and simple designs.  Once in a while I might veer off into the vintage style.  For the most part, I'm forced to keep cards simple since we don't have hours and hours at a party to get into complex, multi-layered cards with tons of embellishments.  You also know that I concentrate mostly on cards for women, with the occasional masculine card around Father's Day.  Very seldom do we make cards for children, and I'm not sure why.  After all, we all know children!  So today I've really gone off my usual track and I've got a child's birthday card for you.  I know... shocking, isn't it?  Here it is...


I'm showing two different versions of the card... one with the cake and a number candle and one with balloons.  While I'm calling this a child's birthday card, it really would work for anyone.  I wouldn't advise sending this to a friend with her age spelled out on the top of the cake, though.  What woman wants to be reminded of her age?  However,once you reach a GRAND old age, like my mom who's 96, then it becomes something to be proud of, so I would definitely use this set to make a card for someone really old!

Let me give you the details: 
Stamps:  Patterned Party, 123067.  Check this set out on page 68 of the big catalog.  I love that it has all of the numbers from 0-9 so that you can put candles on the cake for anyone's birthday. It also has a cute birthday banner, the cake, presents, and balloons, plus a candle and an argyle border stamp.  There's so much variety in the stamps that it could be used for many birthdays and no one would know that it's the same set you used the year before.
Teeny Tiny Wishes, 115370  for the sentiment.  This is my "go-to" set for any sentiment I might need.  If you don't already own this one, put it on your next order.  That way you are covered for any sentiment you'll ever need.  You'll be so happy you have this one in your collection!
Ink:  Real Red Classic Pad, 103133
        Daffodil Delight Marker, 119667
        Tempting Turquoise Marker, 100058
         Basic Black Classic Pad, 101179
Paper:  Big Top Birthday, 122348  The colors in this collection are Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Peach Parfait, and Whisper White.  Check out the whole Big Top Suite of products on pages 62-64 of the big catalog.
Real Red card stock, 102482
Whisper White card stock, 100730
Accessories:
Designer Buttons in the Brights assortment, 119747
Note about buttons:  Buttons are cute on a card that you can hand to someone or attach to a gift package, but they are horrible to mail.  To get all the "cute as a button" cuteness withour all the hassle of torn and mangled envelopes, I suggest using the Sweet Buttons Embosslit Die, 121813 for the Big Shot, 113439 . This little embosslit gives you 6 different button designs of different sizes that are just perfect to add to a card that needs to go through the mail.  You can see it on page 216 of the big catalog.
Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, 123125

OK stampers.... that's it for today! Check over the list of products above and put in your online order to get 10% off of your merchandise total. (Your 10% refund will come directly from me, not from Stampin'Up!)  That includes the Big Shot as well!  Since it is Sale-a-bration, don't forget you can get a free Sale-a-bration item if your order is $50 or more.

  It is a cold and blustery day out there, which makes it perfect stamping weather.  Stay inside, turn on the lights, pour yourself a hot drink, and stamp away! I'll be "missing in action" tomorrow, as I go into grandmother mode for my day of babysitting.  I'll hope to see you back here on Friday for another classic card!
Keep warm!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment