Monday, March 12, 2012

Punched out and Pretty

Hello Stampers and welcome to a very windy Monday!  Wow... is it ever windy here!  I thought my clump of birches in the front yard were about to end up in the green space, the way the wind was blowing a couple of minutes ago.  It looks like a GREAT day to stay indoors and do a little stamping.  You know me... always looking for an excuse to stamp!

Today I've got a different but easy idea to show you.  And right up front, I want to say that this is not my original idea!  I saw it on Dawn Olchefske's blog, but I've also seen it on other blogs as well, so there's no telling who came up with the idea first.  Of course I've changed it around a bit, changed the paper, the colors, etc.

Check it out and please let me know what you think.  Also I'd like to hear from you if you read my blog.  I only have 7 official followers, although I know I have more readers that than.  If you are a reader, please send me an email to let me know, and to encourage me to keep blogging.  You can email me at sjrstamps@gmail.com.  I would appreciate it very much.  I would hate to take this blog down, but I get very little feedback, almost zero comments, and--- as you might guess--- blogging takes a lot of time!  So please help me keep going by leaving a comment or emailing me.  Thanks!
OK, here's the card...




What's different about this card is that the Blossom Punch was used to create "negative space," so that the Designer Paper underneath shows through and becomes the focal point.  Let me give you a quick list of the products used.  And if you'd like to place an order to get some of those products, that would be a definite "vote" for continuing this blog!

Stamps:  Curly Cute ( for the sentiment) 120510 (numbers I give for stamp sets are for the clear-mount stamps)

Ink:  Calypso Coral 122939
         Lucky Limeaid 122935

Paper:  Lucky Limeaid 122926
            Whisper White 100730
             Calypso Coral 122925
            Berry Blossoms Designer Paper 122350
Accessories:
            Blossom Punch 125603
            Boho Blossom Punch 119858
            1 inch Circle Punch
            Printed Brads 122940
            Mini Brads 122941
          
I just love the look of this card and I'm planning on designing some of my own, using this idea.  It would work with all sorts of punches and papers.  I'm sure you can think of some punches and paper that you own that you could use to create a fun card like this.  Well, we almost lost power there, folks, so I think I'll bring this to a quick close and turn off my computer!

Happy Monday!  Don't forget to come back tomorrow for another classic card.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment