Tuesday, March 27, 2012

In Need of Sunshine?

Hello Stampers and welcome back to The Classic Card!

In case you might have forgotten, my purpose here at The Classic Card is to inspire you to create some clean and simple cards that are quick and fun to create without taking a lot of your time or a ton of embellishments.  If you are like most of us, you lead a very busy--- even hectic--- life and although you love being creative, you don't have a lot of time to spend dreaming up cards.  That's where I come in.  Although I cannot blog every day, I try to be as consistent as possible, given my crazy and hectic life.  I hope I never lose sight of you, my customers, in this blogging adventure.  I'm blogging to share with you!

Well, I think it is time that we move forward to the card for today.  As a sun-deprived transplant to the Pacific Northwest, I'm always looking for ways to add sunny color and energy to my life.  I've found many ways to do this-- through the clothes I wear, the colors I've chosen for my home, and of course the colors I choose for cards.  If you think for a minute, you'll realize that there's a lot of yellows, golds, and reds in my home.  I'm trying to warm it up and make it feel like a sunny day inside, even though it might be cold, wet, and gray outside.  Today's card is a similar effort... trying to bring some sunny color to you, my stamping friends.

Here it is...


 How's this for adding a little sunshine to someone's day?  And it only took a few minutes to put together, thanks to all of the great punches that Stampin'Up! offers.   Here's a quick list of products for you:

Stamps:
Mixed Bunch
Pursuit of Happiness (for the sentiment)

Ink:
Basic Black

Paper:
Basic Black
Whisper White
Daffodil Delight

Accessories:
Petals-a-plenty embossing folder for the Big Shot
Blossom Punch
Scallop Oval Punch
Large Oval Punch
3/4 inch Circle Punch
Black Scallop Dots Ribbon

We'll be making this sunny card on Friday night at Debbie's party.
If you'd like to attend, please email me for an invitation.

I'm sorry to say that if you want some sunshine in your life today, you are going to have to create it yourself.  The good news is that it is easy to do.  Turn on the lights, get out your "stampin' stuff," find some sunny Daffodil Delight card stock, and make a few bright and cheerful cards.  Then send them out...  that's the best way to spread some sunshine around!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll come back tomorrow for another classic card!
Sunny stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment