Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Oh, So Versatile!

Hello Stampers!  Welcome to my blog!

I've been busy creating and I've got some new cards to share with you over the next few days.  Just like you, I try to make my stamping dollar stretch, so I try to pick stamp sets that have images that can be used in a variety of ways.  Today's card features one such set... Patterned Party.  I know I used this a few posts back, but I'm using it again today.  Most of the images are birthday related, but some can be used for occasions other than birthdays, such as the balloons on this card, which could be used for a congratulations card, a retirement card, a baby shower card, a get well card, etc.  The gift packages stamp could be used for any gift-giving occasion... Mother's Day, Father's Day, weddings, etc.  So while it's billed as a birthday set, you can certainly get a lot more use out of it than using it just for birthdays!

Today's card features a color combination that I wouldn't ordinarily use... it's just not my style, but I took them directly from the designer paper.  Check it out...



While this card is a birthday card,  with a change of sentiment it could just as easily be a congratulations card, a get well card, or a welcome baby card.  These baloons would also be great on a graduation card, when stamped in the graduate's school colors.  If your card needs to go in the mail, you can always substitute paper buttons for the ones I used here by using the Buttons #5 Sizzlit Die, which is shown on page 224 of the big catalog.  This little die is only $4.95, but gives you four buttons in varying shapes and sizes that make a perfect addition to a card that must be mailed.  I use my Buttons sizzlit constantly to add a cute accent.

Here's a quick list of ingredients:

Stamps:
 Patterned Party 123067
 Petite Pairs 122497 (sentiment)

Ink:
 Real Red 103133

Paper:
Real Red 102482
Whisper White 100730
Tempting Turquoise 102067
Big Top Birthday Designer Paper 122348

Accessories:
Tempting Turquoise  1/4 " Grosgrain 124323
Designer Buttons, Brights 119747
Dimensionals 104430

Well, stampers, that's about it for today. Just a reminder that Thursday I'll be too busy to post... it's my day to babysit.  But I'll try to get back here on Friday with another classic card for you.  Meanwhile, keep warm!  It's a cold gray world out there!
Happy stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment