Monday, April 11, 2016

You're the best!

Hello stampers and thanks for coming to visit my blog on this April Monday!  Yes, you are the best!  I appreciate each and every one of my fun and friendly customers.  You always make me smile!

I'm getting just a bit excited, because on Thursday I'm hopping on a plane and going to Salt Lake City for OnStage Live, which is the new name for Stampin'Up!'s annual convention.  In the past, this event was always held in July.  I'm thinking April in Salt Lake City might be a bit more to my liking, as mid-summer was always hot, hot, hot!

I'll be getting a copy of the new annual catalog and seeing the new In-Colors!  I can't wait!   We got a little sneak peek of the new colors on our canvas totes and they look like pastels this year.  That will be a nice change, since we've had some pretty dark (think Blackberry Bliss) and vibrant (think Watermelon Wonder) colors for the past couple of years.  So it will be nice to have a change!

I hadn't planned to make any swaps this time, but couldn't face convention without a few cards to swap, so yesterday morning I designed a quick card that uses stamp sets that will be carried over into the new catalog.  Stampin'Up! was kind enough to give us a list of about 10 stamp sets that will still be around when the new catalog comes out on June 1st.

Here's my card...



The card stock colors are Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Whisper White and Watermelon Wonder. The DSP is Watermelon Wonder, and I used Watermelon Wonder ink to stamp the sentiment, which is from the Friendly Wishes stamp set on page 122 of the annual catalog.  I wanted my card to have a summery look and I think these colors captured that mood.  The flowers are stamped in Daffodil Delight ink on Daffodil Delight card stock using the Flower Shop stamp set that is also being carried over into the new catalog.  I layered two flowers together, then added a small flower I punched with the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.  A White Perfect Accent repeats the dots on the Old Olive panel and the DSP.   

I've got a lot to do before I leave on Thursday, so I need to run!  Thanks for being one of my readers!  

Hugs and happy stamping!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment