Friday, April 8, 2016

A card for deer dad

Whoa!  The week just flew right by us, didn't it?  

My One-sheet-wonder class is tomorrow and so today I'll be cooking up a storm, making some yummy snacks for the 12 stampers who'll be here for the class.  On my list are the Seven-Layer dip (with refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes, olives.... I'm sure you know what I'm talking about), along with some veggies and dill dip.  And for the sweets, some brownies and some chocolate-dipped strawberries.  

Today's card is one that I made a few weeks ago... just never got around to showing it to you.  It's a masculine-looking card, so I added a "Happy Father's Day" sentiment to it.  



Then I realized that the fawn is accompanied by a doe, not a buck.
So that's not her dad, that's her mom.  Duh!  Maybe I should have drawn some antlers on the larger deer???   Or maybe I shouldn't worry about the technicalities.  It's a couple of deer and it is a masculine card, so it's probably OK for Father's Day.


The stamp set is In the Meadow (page 28 of the Occasions catalog) and the saying is from the best sentiment set ever, Teeny Tiny Wishes ( page 95 of the annual catalog).  The DSP is from the Go Wild Designer Series Paper Stack on page 144 of the annual catalog. I stamped the deer in Archival Black ink on Very Vanilla card stock and sponged the edge with Crumb Cake ink. The base of the card is Crumb Cake.  I used Crumb Cake ink and my aqua painter to color the deer.  I added a strip of Chevron Ribbon in Natural, but turned it over to the solid side.  

Now I've got to go down to the kitchen, tie on my apron, heat up the oven, and get cooking!  I'm hoping the weekend ahead will hold something fun, something creative, and something relaxing for you!  If you were coming to my class, you could do all three things at once, because stamping is definitely fun, creative, and relaxing! 

Happy weekending!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment