Monday, April 4, 2016

Bright and Happy Birthday

Hey there Stampers!
How was your weekend?  Wasn't the weather just the best?  How lovely it was to enjoy some sunshine and warmer temperatures!  I could become accustomed to weather like that very quickly, couldn't you?

Today's card uses a very versatile stamp set that could be used to make a card for anyone's birthday. It's called Party With Cake and you can see it on page 7 of the Occasions catalog.  It is a totally gender neutral stamp set.  It also works for any age, which is great!

Here's the card I made with it...




I guess the Melon Mambo makes this just a bit "girly," but if I had used Crushed Curry instead, the card would be more masculine.
The DSP is called "It's My Party" ( page 5 of the Occasions catalog).  I stamped the sentiment in Melon Mambo, then cut it out with one of the framelits from the Lots of Labels set.  I added some knotted thick baker's twine (p. 6 of the Occasions catalog) to give a little "pop" of color and texture

Now for the fun part.... check out the inside!




I'm so happy I finally got out my Party Pop-Up Thinlits Dies and tried making this pop-up card.  It was so easy to do,  I'm sorry I didn't try it earlier.  If you come to Coffee and Cards on April 13th at 10:30 am at my house, this is one of the cards we'll be making.  Then you can see for yourself just how easy it is to put a card like this together. 

How's your "to-do" list looking today?  Mine is calling me, so I'm off to start working on it!  May it be a sunny day in your world, even if we're getting a bit of rain!
Happy stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment