Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Clean and Simple

Hello Stampers!

Tomorrow I'll be on my way to Salt Lake City for the Stampin'Up! convention.  It's now called OnStage, but who cares what it's called?  It's still three days of stamping magic!  I'll get a copy of the new annual catalog (sorry, but I'm not allowed to share it with you) and play with the new In-Colors.  Can you tell that I'm excited?

But before I go, I've got a card to share with you because it's Wednesday and that's what I do on Wednesdays.



This photo is a little washed out.... sorry about that.  "Up close and personal," the flower stands out quite nicely from the white background.  Here, not so much.  This card can do double-duty, depending on the greeting you stamp inside.  You could add a sympathy sentiment for someone who is grieving the loss of a loved one or you could add a get well message for someone who's recovering from an illness.  

I used the stamp set Best Thoughts, which is one of the host sets in this year's annual catalog.  I stamped the flower all over the Soft Sky panel in the slightly darker color Pool Party.  Then I stamped the flower again on a 3 by 3 inch panel of Whisper White.  The Early Espresso mat behind it is 3 1/8 inches square, which leaves just a very narrow border of the Early Espresso showing. I added some of the 1/4 inch Cotton ribbon in Early Espresso as well as an Early Espresso panel to complete the front of the card.  I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso as well, which gives the card a very cohesive look.  

This card is clean, classic, and there are no bits of glitter or gleam.  The last thing a sick or grief-stricken person needs is a card all dolled up with sequins, pearls, lace, or other extras.  Let's leave those fun things for happier times and keep our thoughts focused on the recipient of the card, not on how many embellishments were used.

I will try to blog from Salt Lake City on Friday, but I may not have time. I'll make an effort, but remember I can't show you anything new anyway.  Perhaps I'll share one of the swap cards I've received or maybe a goofy photo of me.  We'll see.  Meanwhile, I hope the rest of your week is super and that you'll have a great weekend too!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan  

No comments:

Post a Comment