Friday, May 29, 2015

Build a Birthday Stampin'Up!

Friday is here!  I'm always happy to see the weekend roll around again, aren't you?  

I've got more new goodies to show you today, so let's get right to it, shall we?  



This is my shoebox swap from our demonstrator meeting on Wednesday.  I used Tip Top Taupe, one of the new In-colors for my background panel.  I love this new neutral and I think you will too.  We've never had a nice taupe before, and it's one of my favorite colors.  One of our homes in California was painted taupe with crisp white trim. It's a great color for a house or a card!   I guess the best way to describe taupe would be to say that it's a grayed-out beige.  It's just a classic color that looks good with so many colors.  It's wonderful with Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, and it's great with blues like Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, and Pacific Point.  Actually Tip Top Taupe "plays nicely with others..."  almost any color!  I can't wait for you to try it and when you do, you'll be a fan!
I used more of the Cherry on Top Designer Paper stack on this card,  The cake pedestal is stamped in Tip Top Taupe and the cake layers are stamped in Watermelon Wonder and Crushed Curry.  Those cake layers can also be turned on end, and with the little flame image stamped at the top, they become candles!  So fun!  The sentiment is from Tag Talk, a set that carried over from last year. It was stamped in Watermelon Wonder and then punched out with the Label Bracket Punch.  Voila!  It's a quick and easy card that would be great for anyone, as it is not age or gender specific.

I've got lots to do today, so I must go!  Thanks for being my readers!  I appreciate each one of you and hope you'll share my blog with other stampers.  I'll hope to "see" you back here at The Classic Card on Monday, but meanwhile, may you have a weekend that is just what you need... calming and relaxing or busy and adventurous!   Enjoy!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment