Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Regarding Dahlias Stampin'Up!

Howdy stampin' friends!

This is the week that I'm giving a little good-bye wave to some of my favorite retiring stamp sets.  I have a love-hate feeling about this time of year.  I hate that I'm losing so many stamp sets to retirement, but of course I love the prospect of new stamps, colors, and accessories just over the horizon.  

The stamp set du jour is Regarding Dahlias.  If you don't own this classic set, you might want to consider adding it to your stamp collection before it is gone forever.  This beautiful floral stamp lends itself to a combination of embossing and watercoloring. 
Check out this photo and you'll see what I mean.




For this technique, you need to use watercolor paper, as you'll be adding quite a bit of moisture to the paper.  Stamp the dahlia in Versamark ink and heat emboss with white powder.  Then using a aqua painter and the ink pool on the inside of your stamp pad lid (give your pad a squeeze to deposit ink inside the lid), paint the petals.  The embossed lines act like a barrier to keep the color inside the lines. It's really quite easy and when you're finished, it looks quite impressive. 

I've placed my order for new catalogs and I can't wait to get them! I'm also anxious to get my pre-order goodies (new stamps, ink, and paper) so I can start showing you some of the fun new cards you'll be able to make, once the catalog goes "live" on June 2nd at noon.

I'll have another retiring set to show off on Friday, so please come back for a visit then.
Happy "hump" day! (After today, we're over the "hump" and it's all downhill to the weekend!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment