Friday, May 1, 2015

New Catalog Excitement!!!

Hey there, stampers!  Happy sunny Friday and Happy May First!

The weather forecast looks pretty good for the next several days and I'm excited for "mostly sunny" weather.  I can handle a passing cloud now and then, can't you?  I'm just super-grateful that there's more sun than rain in our immediate future!  

Know what else I'm excited about?  Yes!  The new Stampin'Up! catalog.  Demonstrators got a peek at it today and although I can't share any pictures of stamp sets, I can tell you that there are lots of beautiful new stamps to make your stamper's heart go "boom, boom, boom!"  And of course there are some great new designer papers, ribbons, and other embellishments, not to mention the new In-Colors!  Oh, and of course there are new embossing folders and framelits as well as some great new punches, like a Tree Builder Punch!  And the set that benefits the Ronald McDonald Houses is awesome this year and you are going to not only want it, but NEED it!  It's on my list of things to buy asap.  You are not going to be disappointed in this year's annual catalog, I promise!  There is something for everyone, no matter what your stampin' style is!

OK... enough raving about the new catalog!  You probably want to know how to get one, right?  You'll be able to pick up your new catalog at my big garage sale, just like last year (and the year before that and the year before that!).  I'll be sending you an email invite for that big event, which will be at the very end of May.  Start saving your pennies, because I have a serious amount of goodies to unload this year and YOU will get the savings.

Let's look at a card now...




Actually this is more than a card.  It's a card PLUS a gift card holder.  (This is just one of the 7 projects you'll be making at my Gifts of Spring class this coming Saturday, May 2nd at 1 pm at my house. I have room for you if you'd like to attend!)  Here, let me show you the inside and you'll see what I mean




The inside of the card has a white panel where you can stamp a sentiment and then there's a little pocket in which to stash some cash, a check, or a gift card.  Who wouldn't like to get a birthday gift like this??
The front of the card is embellished with the Oval Accent Bigz Clear Die on page 232 of the annual catalog.  Once I cut it out, I embossed it with the Fancy Fan embossing folder.  The flowers are from Mixed Bunch and Flower Shoppe.  They were stamped in Calypso Coral ink on Calypso Coral card stock, then cut out with their matching punches. The card base is Pool Party and the shape at the top is cut from Daffodil Delight card stock. By the way, stampers, both the Oval Accents Clear die and the Mixed Bunch stamp set are going away forever at the end of May, as is the coordinating Blossom punch.
I'm sad to see these favorites go, but the old must go to make room for the new!  The sentiments on this fun card are from the BYOP (buy your own present) set, which is made specifically for gifts of cash, check, or gift cards.  You can find this great set on page 33 of the Occasions catalog.
Well, I think I've rambled on enough for one day, don't you?  I've got lots to do today, so I'm going to get started.  Hope your Friday is a good one and that your weekend is happy through and through!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment