Friday, May 15, 2015

Love and Sympathy Stampin'Up!

Yahoo!  It's Friday again... my very favorite day of the week!

I'm excited to have two stamping events this weekend!  First I have Nanci and Anita's private class here on Saturday morning and then I'll be doing a party for Kristine and her friends here at my house on Sunday afternoon.  So it will be "all stampin', all the time" this weekend.  

I mentioned on Monday that I'd be bidding a fond farewell to some of my favorite retiring sets this week and today's the final goodbye. I don't know about you, but I'm at that age when I've started needing sympathy cards more and more.  It's kind of scary, but I guess that's what happens if you're lucky enough to be alive in your "golden years."  Sure don't know why that term was ever coined (no pun intended!), because we sure don't have much gold... except maybe in our teeth.

So today I thought I'd remind you of what a great set Love and Sympathy is.  You can see it on page 122 of the annual catalog.  It's just a clean and classic set.  The iris image is beautifully simple and the sentiment is spot on.  Check out this pretty card I made with this wonderful stamp set...



I cut an oval shape from glossy card stock, then swiped on several colors with a sponge.  Once that was done, I stamped over the colors with Jet Black Staz-On ink.  A mat of black behind the stamped and sponged oval gives it weight and the black border and ribbon give the card a clean and classic look.  

If you're like me and seem to be finding yourself in need of sympathy cards, you can't go wrong with this set.  Please give me a call or email me and I'll be happy to add it to my next order for you. I suggest making up a few in advance, because we seldom get advance warning that we're going to need to send a sympathy card.

OK, stampers!  Get out there and enjoy the weekend!  And thanks for stopping by today.  Please come back on Monday for more stamping inspiration.
Happy weekend to all!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment