Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Gorgeous Grunge Stampin'Up!

Thanks for stopping by today, stamping friends!

I'm glad you took a little time out of your busy day to check out my blog.  Continuing with the masculine theme, I've got something fun for you today.  Scroll down and you'll see what I mean...



This great card is the work of Mary Peterson.  I'm lucky to have her in my downline!  Not only is she a great friend, she's also a great stamper with an eye for a good card layout and pleasing color combinations.  

If you are looking for a versatile set, you cannot go wrong with Gorgeous Grunge.  I'm so happy this fabulous set made it into the new catalog which will be here shortly (June 2nd).  Every image on this card comes from Gorgeous Grunge, with the exception of the sentiment, which is part of the Petite Pairs set, also carrying over into the new catalog.  

Mary used Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla card stock for this card.  You are probably wondering about what appears to be netting on the card.  Amazingly enough, that is drywall tape!  It comes on a roll and you can pick it up at Home Depot.  It is sticky on one side, so all you do is apply it to your card and trim off the excess.

Mary used the Ticket Duo Punch to punch out the sentiment.  If you don't have this fun punch, now's the time to get it, because once June 2nd arrives, it will be gone for good.  She used some Linen Thread under the sentiment, just to give it a little more importance.  Otherwise, that small ticket might have looked a bit lost.  Thanks, Mary, for letting me show off your manly card!  I love it!

How is your week going so far?  I'm busily engaged in preparing for a new Stampin'Up! catalog.  There's so much to do to get ready for my annual garage sale, plus I'm trying to get my act together for the New Catalog Kick Off, coming up on Saturday June 6th.  I'm going to have two sessions... one in the morning from 10-noon and another session from 1-3 so that as many people as possible can attend. I hope to see your smiling face!

Please come back on Friday for more stamping inspiration.  Meanwhile, choose happiness and spread some smiles and love around while you can.
Hugs to all,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment