Monday, May 11, 2015

Painted Petals Stampin'Up!

Welcome back!  How was your weekend?  I hope you were able to relax, recharge, and refresh so that you are ready to take on another week.  If you're a mom, I hope you enjoyed some pampering yesterday!

With only a few days left before stamps retire forever,  I thought I'd focus on some of my favorite retiring sets this week.  So to start things off, I'm featuring a lovely set called Painted Petals (page 19 of the Occasions catalog). This has been one of the most popular sets in the Occasions catalog, and has the most gorgeous designer paper to go along with it.  I'm sorry to see that it hasn't been included in the new 2015-2016 Annual catalog that is coming out on June 2nd.  So if you like this stamp set, now's the time to purchase it.  This card, done in classic blue and white, is the work of Mary Peterson, one of my very creative downline members.  




Mary used some of the Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper for the background, then stamped the flowers in Pacific Point and the leaves in Wild Wasabi.  A thin mat of Wild Wasabi card stock sets off the background and the stamped image.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (thank goodness that set is not being retired!) and it is punched out with the Word Window Punch.  If you don't already own Teeny Tiny Wishes (page 18), I would suggest you purchase it, as it is the most all-inclusive greeting set that Stampin'Up! has ever offered.  It covers every occasion imaginable.  From baby to retirement and everything in between, this set's got you covered! It even has a St. Patrick's Day stamp!  Thank you, Mary, for letting me show off your beautiful card.

Hope your Monday is off to a smooth start (no coffee spilled on your blouse during the morning commute), and that the week ahead will proceed smoothly with no bumps in the road and very little drama or trauma.  Please come back on Wednesday when I'll have more stamping inspiration for you.
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment