Friday, May 8, 2015

Wildflower Meadow Stampin'Up!

Hi again!  How did it get to be Friday already?  

What does your weekend look like?  Are you planning on getting together with family for Mother's Day?  If you're a mom, you deserve to be celebrated on this special day.  I don't think there's any job on earth that is more demanding than being a mom.  Unlike any other job, it is a 24/7 gig, and it goes on forever.  I once thought that my mothering years would be over once the girls flew the nest.  What was I thinking?  Of course, I'll admit that being a mom has its fun moments and its proud moments too.  It's not all hard work, although there's a lot of that.  Why am I telling you this?  If you're a mom, you know these things already, and if you're not a mom, you're probably bored about now, so why don't we just cut to the card, shall we?  



I'm really sad that this stamp is going away.  It is one of the large background stamps (page 175) and I love that you just ink it up, stamp once, and your whole card is finished.  How easy is that?  To make this stamp even more fun, there's a matching embossing folder to go with it (page 227).  For this card, I used a piece of designer paper from the Subtles Collection (page 185) in Blushing Bride.  I stamped over the patterned paper in Early Espresso ink, then added some pearls to the centers of the flowers.  I was tempted to give the hummingbird a tiny pearl eye, but thought a beady-eyed hummingbird might be a bit scary.  I used some of my favorite ribbon, the 1/4 inch Cotton Ribbon (page 207) in Blushing Bride and Early Espresso to add some extra zing to the card.  You could make a card like this in under 10 minutes, depending on how quickly you can cut card stock.  In fact, while you have the stamp out, why not stamp several different colors of designer paper at the same time?  

Whatever the weekend ahead holds, I hope there's some time for fun, some time for relaxation, some time for doing just what you want to do, and of course, some time for being creative.  Enjoy!
Hugs to all,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment