Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Beautiful Bunch Stampin'Up!

Hello everyone and welcome to my Wednesday post!

 I've got another bright and sunny card for you today that I hope you'll like.  It's a bit different than anything I've tried, but I like how it turned out and hope you do too!

Take a look and then I'll tell you how I made it...



I started out with a sheet of the Irresistibly Yours paper that was available as a Sale-a-bration freebie.  It is white card stock with glossy white patterns printed on it.  When you stamp on it or sponge color on it, the glossy pattern resists the ink.  Then when you're finished stamping, you just wipe over the sheet with a piece of tissue or paper towel and the white glossy pattern really pops out.  This technique works best if you use a rather large or bold image.  For this card I used the Beautiful Bunch stamp set on page 158 of the annual catalog.  I'm happy to say that this set made it into the new catalog that's coming out in June, so I'll be able to continue using it for another year.  Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the set I used for the greeting.  Yippee Skippee (page 12 of the annual catalog) is being retired.  I love the sayings in this set.  They are somewhat unusual, but fun. This is one set that might find its way into my collection of "keepers." 

The colors I used are Calypso Coral (love that color!) and Daffodil Delight.  I used some of the fun Polka Dotted designer paper from the Subtles Collection Paper Stack (page 185), also in Calypso Coral.  If you didn't get some of this "resist" paper during Sale-a-bration, you'll be happy to know that there's some in the new catalog.

Thanks for visiting The Classic Card today!  
Please come back on Friday for more stamping inspiration.
Have a great day!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment