Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Mingle All the Way

Hi again!
Happy October 1st everyone!

Have you chosen the design for your Christmas cards yet?  If not, here's one you might consider as it is fresh, clean, and simple.  Take a look and I think you'll see what I mean.




If you are making cards in quantity, there is minimal stamping on this card... just the sentiment.  I started with a piece of card stock in Whisper White that is 5 1/2 by 8 1/2, folded to make a card. The next layer is a panel of Cherry Cobbler, cut at 5 1/4 by 4.  On top of that is another panel of Whisper White, cut at 5 by 3 3/4 and embossed with the Decorative Dots embossing folder.  I wrapped the embossed panel with a piece of Cherry Cobbler Chevron Ribbon.  Next I cut two ovals with my oval framelit dies.... one in Cherry Cobbler and  a smaller one in Whisper White.  I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set Mingle All the Way ( page 17 of the Holiday Catalog) on the white oval with Cherry Cobbler Ink, I punched the tree using my Tree Punch (page 24 of the Holiday Catalog) and the Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Stack on page 7 of the Holiday Catalog.  I popped the tree up with a couple of dimensionals and voila!  It's done!

By the way, this card is one that we'll be making on Saturday, October 4th at my World Card-Making Day event.  I think you'll enjoy making this one... super simple and not a lot of ways for things to go wrong.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone and please come back on Friday for a card with a fun fold!

Stamp something pretty today!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment