Friday, October 3, 2014

A Card for my Baby Girl

Hi there, Stampers!

Today is my youngest daughter's 33rd birthday and I'm feeling pretty old.   It is shocking to think that my sweet baby girl is turning 33 today.  I know it is beyond trite to ask "where did the years go?"  Those days flew by one by one, just the way they do now and before you know it, your babies are grown and gone.  Now my baby is a mom with two little girls of her own.



Since she lives out of state, we won't be getting together to celebrate her special day, I thought the least I could do would be to make her a card to let her know that she's very special to us.  She's loves bright tropical colors, so I thought her card should reflect that.  Here's what I came up with...



Doesn't this just shout "happy?"  I used the very versatile Flower Patch stamp set to create this bright and cheerful card.  The largest flowers are stamped in Calypso Coral, the blue flowers are Bermuda Bay with the centers in Pacific Point.  The yellow "filler" flowers are stamped in Daffodil Delight.
I hope she'll enjoy receiving this card as much as I did creating it for her.  Oh, I guess I should mention that this is larger than the usual  5 1/2 by 4 1/4 card that I usually make.  This one measured  approximately 5 by 7.  When the card is a special one, sometimes it's nice to make it a bit larger. Because this has to go through the mail, I decided against using any embellishments that would cause a lump or a bump in the envelope.  I would have loved a pearl in the center of each of the Calypso Coral flowers, though.

Hope you've got some fun plans for the weekend ahead.  I'm excited that tomorrow is my World Card-Making Day event.  I'll be cooking up some yummy soups for lunch, not to mention my "famous" Pumpkin Squares with the most delicious Cream Cheese Icing for dessert.

Have a great weekend and please come back on Monday for more fun card ideas!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment