Monday, October 20, 2014

Oh boy... Halloween!


Whoa!  It's Monday again!  The days are zipping by too quickly for me.  Don't you wish we could slow things down?  Wasn't Sunday the most glorious autumn day?  I'm sorry I didn't get a chance for an afternoon walk in the sunshine, but I did go to the grand opening of the new Home Goods store in Tualatin, along with about half the population of Portland.  My goodness... what a mob!  

I just checked the 7 day forecast for Portland and it's not looking so good, unless you are a stamper. For those of us who are addicted to stamping, the weather is looking pretty perfect.... rain, rain, and rain... with a 100% chance of rain on Wednesday.  

Last Friday I showed you the Halloween card I made for my granddaughters, so today I'm going to show you the cards I made for my grandsons.  Being typical boys, both Luke and Ben think monsters are pretty cool.  And they know "the count" (Count Dracula) from Sesame Street, so I'm hoping they'll like their Halloween cards.  Of course being typical boys they'll probably fling the cards onto the floor.  I'm pretty sure they'll be happy about the cash that's in the card, though. I'm asking Amy to take them to Menchie's Frozen Yogurt in the U Village or to Top Pot Donuts, a Seattle favorite, for their annual Halloween treat from Oma and Opa.

Here are their fun Halloween cards...





These cute cards are made with the Motley Monsters designer paper on page 45 of the Holiday catalog.  I simply cut out a strip of the monsters and glued the strip onto some Tangerine Tango card stock which I embossed with the Tiny Triangles embossing folder.
For the sayings, I used the Just Sayin' stamp set (page 109 of the annual catalog) and cut them out with the matching Word Bubbles Framelit Dies.  

I would like to have tied some of the new Tangerine Tango extra thick Twine on these, but we all know that lumps and bumps in an envelope are not appreciated by the US Postal Service.  I'm pretty sure the boys wouldn't notice anyway.  

Thanks for dropping by today.  Hope your week is off to a smooth start and that you'll find some time during the week ahead to do a little stamping.  When we take time out for creativity, it makes life so much happier!  
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment