Monday, October 13, 2014

Sunshine for a Cloudy Day

Hey there, stamping friends!

Hope your Monday is off to a happy start, even though it is a bit cloudy out there.  The forecast is calling for rain, but inside my sunny yellow stamping room, things are bright and cheery.  Just in case you are in need of something bright and cheery, I've got a very sunny card for you today.  Check it out



This tri-fold cut-away card requires 12 by 12 card stock.  I cut it in half at 6 inches, then placed it horizontally on the scoring board and scored it at 4 inches and 8 inches.  Then I placed it on my cutter and cut from the 8 inch score line diagonally to the opposite edge, ending the cut 2 inches above the  lower edge. 

The colors I used are Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, and Early Espresso.  The stamp sets I  used are Mixed Bunch, Flower Shoppe, and Sassy Salutations.  To get the color variations on the large flowers, I first inked the stamp with Daffodil Delight, then used a sponge dauber to apply Tangerine Tango ink around the outside of the petals.  Then I used another dauber to daub Early Espresso onto the center of the stamp.  Then I stamped the image, which revealed the three different colors.  I used the Blossom Punch, the Pansy Punch, and the smallest punch is part of the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. 

I think you probably know someone who would enjoy getting a warm and sunny card like this on a cold, gray, and rainy Oregon day.  And while you're sending some warmth and cheer, why not include a gift card for a latte or other cozy drink.  Your friend will be delighted!

OK, stampers, that's it for today!  I've got lots on my "to-do" list and I'm sure you do too!  Look for an email from me tomorrow (Tuesday, Oct. 14th) when I'll be sending you a flyer about the newest stamp set from Stampin'Up! as well as the Weekly Deals.

Thanks for stopping in today and please come back on Wednesday for another classic card.

Happy day!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment