Monday, October 27, 2014

Clean and Simple Christmas

Hi there stampers!

Wow... what I busy weekend I had!  But it was all fun... first at my Gifted Stamper class on Saturday and then at Charlotte's party on Sunday.  It's always fun to get together with my stamping customers.  They are the nicest people and so much fun too!  When we get together, I'm 100% sure that I'm going to laugh and since laughter is healthy, then it just stands to reason that stamping is healthy too because the two always seem to go together.  

After a short break of non-holiday cards, today we return to Christmas cards.  I received this card at a recent meeting of demonstrators and I just love it.  This clean and simple card is the work of Shannon Carrier. Everyone at the meeting loved it too.  
Check it out...




I don't think this photo really does justice to this card, but hopefully you can see it well enough to appreciate it. I know I need to get a better camera, but let's not go into that right now.  The folded card base is is Crumb Cake, with a thin border of Early Espresso setting off the focal panel of more Crumb Cake.  The stamps are all from the Endless Wishes stamp set (page 32 of the Holiday Catalog).  The snowflakes are stamped in Soft Suede, while the words "a little dash of cheer" are stamped in Early Espresso.  The word Christmas is stamped in Cherry Cobbler.  Adding the rhinestones to the snowflake centers proves to be the perfect finishing touch.  Nice work, Shannon!

I'm excited to be meeting with my SOS (Stamp Out Stress) friends today at Symposium Coffee in Old Town Sherwood.  We took a break from our get-togethers over the summer, and then I was on a trip on the last Monday of September, so this is the first time we've met in ages.  It will be good to get back to our regular routine of stamping on the last Monday of each month at 1 o'clock in the afternoon.  We talk, stamp, drink coffee, stamp, laugh, and stamp some more.  If you like coffee, stamping, talking, and laughing, you really should join us sometime.  I promise that your stress level will drop dramatically!

Thanks for stopping by this last Monday of October.  Didn't this month just fly by?   Please come back on Wednesday for another classic card.
Hugs to all,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment