Friday, October 17, 2014

Sweet Halloween

Hi there stampers and may I just add a small "yippee" for the weekend that is just around the corner?
I've got a couple of events that I'm looking forward to... a party this afternoon with Sandy and her friends, and then another one on Saturday afternoon with Yoko and her friends.  There's going to be a whole lotta stampin; going on!

If you've checked your calendar lately, you'll see that October is just flying by and that soon, Halloween is going to be here.  Do you have your candy stash ready for the little ghosts and goblins?? I know that many of you have heard me say that, when it comes to candy,  if it's not chocolate, it's not worth eating.  Actually, I think many adult women feel that way.  Let the kiddos eat the Skittles, Jelly Bellies, Red Vines, and other non-chocolate schtuff, but give us the Dark Milky Ways, the Snickers bars, yummy Twix bars, and all of those other chocolate-y goodies.  Today's card, though, reminds me that I do love one Halloweeny thing that isn't chocolate, and that is candy corn! I don't know what it is about candy corn that I love.  Maybe it's just the association with childhood that make it so satisfying.  Of course I'd like it better if it was dipped in chocolate!

Here's one of the sweet Halloween cards I made for my granddaughters.  



Doesn't that candy corn make you wish you had some right now?  I used the Motley Monsters Designer Paper on page 45 of the Holiday Catalog and paired it with some Tangerine Tango card stock.  I love how the triangular shapes created with the Tiny Triangles Embossing Folder (page 227 of the annual catalog) echo the triangular candy corn.  I didn't want anything remotely scary on this card, so I chose the single stamp Halloween Street (page 47 of the Holiday Catalog) for my greeting.  
I stamped the pumpkin from the Fall Fest stamp set ( page 46 of the Holiday Catalog) in Tangerine Tango and added the carved face with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (page 212 of the annual catalog). This is, by far, my favorite black ink.  I think if you give it a try, you'll agree that it is awesome. It stamps nice and dark and doesn't smear. It's also the type of ink you must use when coloring with the new Blendabilities alcohol markers. I cut out the pumpkin with the matching Fun Fall Framelit Dies. If you've got some small children or grandchildren to remember on Halloween, this could be the perfect card. 

Thanks for stopping by on this very busy Friday.  I know I'm not the only one with a lot on my list today, so I appreciate you taking some of your valuable time to read my blog.  
Have a relaxing and restorative weekend, everyone!

Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment