Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Zippety do dah...

Zippety ay, My oh my what a wonderful day!
Plenty of sunshine, headed our way,
Zippety do dah, zippety ay!

Hey, there, stampers!  Yes, there's plenty of sunshine headed our way and I'm happy about that!
And in honor of the sunshine, I've got a sunny card for you.  If you know me very well, you know how much I miss the sun during the rainy winter and spring months.  So you won't find it hard to believe that this was the first stamp set I purchased when the new annual catalog came out in June.  
It's called Ray of Sunshine and you can check it out on page 159 of the big catalog.

Here's my sunny card...



I used Crushed Curry and Early Espresso with Very Vanilla for the colors.  The spiky rays of the sun come from the stamp set Kinda Eclectic.  I used a double layer of ribbon... Crushed Curry Chevron with Early Espresso Cotton ribbon on top.  I added an extra sparkle of gold with the gold sequins, which I adhered with mini glue dots.  The sentiment is one of my very favorite quotes... "Keep your face always towards the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you."  Walt Whitman

Hope you can get outside today for a dose of that good vitamin D!

Thanks for stopping by today and please come back on Friday for another Classic Card.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment