Monday, September 29, 2014

Fall for a Guy

Hi there stamping friends!

Whoa!  How did it get to be Monday already??  Those weekends just speed by even faster than the weekdays, don't they?  Whatever you did over the weekend, I hope you had just a bit of time to stamp.  That always seems to make my weekends better and I hope it's the same for you!

Did the title of this blog post make you wonder what I meant?  Do you think I'm suggesting that you fall in love with some guy?  No, that's not it at all!  What I meant was that I have a fall card that is just perfect for sending to a guy.

So let's get right to the card...



Here;s what makes this card masculine, at least in my mind:

There are no pastel colors.
There are no flowers.
There are no bows, pearls, or rhinestones.
The background texture is woodgrain... very textural in a manly way.
The colors are autumnal... warm without being girly.
The images are from nature (leaves).
The trim is a burlap-y texture.
The layout is clean and simple... not a lot of fussy layers and shapes.
The sentiment is not "sweet."

So I think this card would be just about perfect for any age guy who has a fall birthday, don't you?

The leaves are from the For All Things stamp set on page 41 of the Holiday Catalog.  The great sentiment is from the Fabulous Four stamp set on page 13 of the big catalog.  The ribbon is called Natural 5/8 inch Chevron Ribbon and can be found on page 207 of the big catalog.   The colors I used are Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, and Early Espresso.

Hope the week ahead will be smooth sailing for you!  Please come back on Wednesday for more stamping inspiration.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment