Friday, October 31, 2014

Fuzzy little guy....

Happy Halloween!  I've been so good, I think I may cave in and go purchase a very small package of "fun-size" Milky Ways.  They are my favorite Halloween treat. Have you been munching on the goodies for the kiddos?? 

 I'm happy to be back in business with blogging.  Sorry for the little glitch in my posts, but thanks to my tech-savvy son-in-law Eli, I'm able to blog again.  Hope your week went smoothly and that you are getting back in rainy-weather mode after our fabulous summer and early fall.  Even I have given up on sandals and capris, but I think I was one of the last hold-outs.  I just don't enjoy closed-in shoes and long pants all that much, but when the rains start, I'm forced to knuckle under. 

I've got an "interesting" card for you today... interesting because I've never seen a hairy bird like this.  Yes, I know we don't have cardinals here in Oregon, and I must confess that I don't get out much, so I've never seen a cardinal up close.  But I'm pretty sure they don't have little hairy things sticking out of their feathers. I don't know what the artist who drew this image was thinking.
Maybe this little guy is a baby bird and he still has his downy fuzz.  Or maybe he's cold and his feathers are fluffed up.  Whatever the reason, check out the card and you'll see what I mean.




I used the Beauty of the Season stamp set from the holiday catalog and stamped it in Staz-On ink on watercolor paper.  I colored the bird with an aqua-painter and Cherry Cobbler ink.  The branch is colored in Soft Suede and the berries are done in Cherry Cobbler.  
The strip of printed card stock along the side is from the Under the Tree collection of extra-heavy card stock (page 5 of the holiday catalog).  The greeting was stamped on watercolor paper with Jet Black Staz-On ink.  Mossy Meadow goes so nicely with Cherry Cobbler that it's my new favorite for Christmas.  

Thanks for stopping in today!  You might want to make a last-minute trip to the store and get yourself some goodies that you actually like.  It's a lot of work running back and forth to answer the doorbell and you're going to need the energy to keep up.  So I've just given you the excuse you need to purchase and consume your favorite Halloween treat.  I think I hear a chorus of "thank you's" out there and I want you to know that you are entirely welcome.  
Enjoy!
Hugs to all,
Susan






No comments:

Post a Comment