Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Farewell to summer, almost....

Hello there stamping friends!
Welcome back to The Classic Card!
Thanks for letting me off the hook on Monday.  As I mentioned earlier, I wasn't really taking the day off, because Monday was my day to plan classes and write the September newsletter.
I'm hoping that all of you enjoyed a relaxing long Labor Day weekend and that you are rested and recharged for the week ahead.  I have to admit that I'm having trouble, as I always do, in bidding summer a fond farewell.  I'm just a summer kind of girl, and although I think fall is a beautiful season in the northwest, I'm not quite ready for summer to end.  We're still eating watermelon, sitting outside every chance we get, and just trying to enjoy the last couple of weeks of summer before the fall equinox on September 23rd.  After croaking incessantly since late May, the bullfrogs in our pond have, as of about 2 weeks ago, quit their obnoxious mating calls.  The quiet in our back yard is wonderful and the yellowjackets have subsided a bit as well, so we were actually able to eat dinner outside last night... yay!

I know it might seem a bit crazy to you, but I've been working on Christmas cards since the new Holiday catalog went live last Thursday.  Believe it or not, many people start their Christmas cards in the summer.  They make the rest of us look like slackers, as we hurriedly assemble our cards at the end of November.
But I'm here to tell you, it can be different this year!  I'm going to get you started early and then you can join the ranks of the smug stampers who mail their cards the day after Thanksgiving.

Here's the second card we'll be making at my Holiday Catalog Kick-Off on Saturday, Sept. 6th at 10 am (this session is now filled) and Sunday the 7th at 1:30.  I still have 4 spots open for the Sunday event, so RSVP quickly if you'd like to join us for a fun afternoon.  This event is free!

OK, I guess it is time for the card...



I used the Wondrous Wreath stamp set from the Holiday catalog.  The colors are Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White.  The sentiment if from a new set called Good Greetings that is not in the catalog.  You can get this awesome set of 19 sayings FREE when you host a party of $300 or more.
To make a card that folds off center like this, cut a piece of card stock in half the long way at 4 1/4 inches.
Lay the card stock horizontally on your scoring board and score across at 2 1/8 and again at 7 1/2.

That's all for today, stampers, but don't forget to come back on Friday for more stamping ideas.  Hope your Wednesday goes by smoothly!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment