Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Better Late than Never...

Hello Stampers and a happy Wednesday to all!

Sorry I'm posting late today, but I've been working overtime to get everything ready for several upcoming parties, classes, a downline meeting, the open house at Curves in Sherwood on Friday, plus finishing my swaps for the Washington DC trip next week... whew!  There's still a lot to do, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I've got an interesting card for you today.  I first saw this "Asian Screen" idea when I received a similar card at a special swap during convention this past July.  Now I'm seeing them everywhere on the internet, so I have no idea who to give credit to for this great idea.  Check it out and I think you'll agree that this no ordinary card.



I used the stamp set Ornamental Pine on page 27 of the holiday catalog. The base of the card is the gorgeous new Mossy Meadow.  The pine branches are stamped in Mossy Meadow as well and the ornament and sentiments are stamped in Cherry Cobbler.  Here are the measurements in case you'd like to create one of these beauties.

First, start with a half piece of  card stock ( 5 1/2 by 8 1/2)
Lay it on your scoring board horizontally and score at 2 7/8 and 5 3/4.
Using the Decorative Label Punch, punch the bottom of each panel to create the legs of the screen.
The Very Vanilla panels that I stamped on measure 2 1/2 by 4 1/2.
That's all there is to it... pretty simple but what a "wow" card!

There are many other stamp sets that lend themselves to a card like this, especially Flowering Flourishes on page 118 of the annual catalog.  But really, almost any flowery set would look great.
Accent the screen with some stamped and punched butterflies and maybe add some pearls and you've got an amazing card!

I hope you have a few minutes in your day to try out a card like this.
Please come back on Friday for more stamping inspiration!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment