Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Fall color, coming right up!

Hey there, stamping friends!  Happy Wednesday!

Every day I find a few more red leaves on the lawn under our gigantic red maples.  The onslaught hasn't started, thankfully.  They're just ever so slowly starting to turn the most gorgeous shade of red and then sifting down through the branches... just a few.  But I know what those trees have in store for us... a virtual blizzard of leaves.  Thank heavens they're beautiful, which makes the endless raking somewhat more bearable.

Speaking of fall color, I've got a little of that for you today, in the form of a card.  This is one of the cards we'll be making at my Fall-de-Rol event on Sunday, September 21st at 1:30 at my house.  This is a free event. You'll get to make 2 cards in the rich tones of fall and there's a third bonus card you can make if your purchase is $35 or more.  I'm going to have some special autumn-y treats for you as well.

Here's the card...



I've just made one little change to the card ... we'll be using the Fun Fall Framelit Dies to cut some tiny fall leaves to replace the butterflies on this card.  I hadn't received them yet when I made this, but  trust me, the card looks wonderful with the tiny leaves!

The colors I used are Mossy Meadow, Crushed Curry, and Cajun Craze.  The stamp set is called Seasonally Scattered and can be found on page 43 of the Holiday Catalog.  To achieve the variations in color, I first inked the stamp with Crushed Curry.  Then using sponge daubers, I randomly added the Cajun Craze and Mossy Meadow ink right over the Crushed Curry, then stamped on Very Vanilla card stock and used the largest framelit in the Apothecary Accents collection to cut it out. I used one of my favorite embossing folders, the Fancy Fan, to add some texture and interest to the Mossy Meadow panel.  Don't you sometimes wonder how we ever made cards without the Big Shot?
I used a strip of Cajun Craze card stock underneath the Hello Honey stitched satin ribbon to give it a bit more oomph.  If you can mentally subtract that Cajun Craze strip, you'll see how little, lonesome, and lost that skinny piece of ribbon looked before I beefed it up.

Well, my friends, that about wraps up today's post.  Hope your week has gone smoothly so far.  If it has been a stinker, you can console yourself with the fact that after today you are "over the hump" and gliding toward the weekend.  Don't forget to come back on Friday for more stamping fun!
Hugs and Happiness,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment