Monday, September 8, 2014

The weekend whirl....

Hi there stampers and happy Monday!

Wow.... what a fun weekend it was!  I held two Holiday Catalog Kick-Off events, one on Saturday and another session on Sunday, so our house was full of the sounds of happy stampers both days.  It was great to see so many of my fun customers and everyone had a good time stamping, snacking, chatting, and stamping some more.  Thanks to all who attended and thanks for the wonderful orders as well! I have the nicest customers!

With all of these great warm and sunny days we're having, I feel like I should be showing you flowery cards in Pool Party and Strawberry Slush... you know, summery colors.  But since the new Holiday catalog came out on August 28th, I really feel obligated to show you some cards that showcase what's in the Holiday catalog.... fall cards, Halloween cards, Thanksgiving cards, and Christmas cards.  So if the cards I'm showing don't quite match the weather, no worries.  I'm sure our Northwest autumn will soon arrive with rain, some gray skies, and cool temperatures.  It's only a matter of time.

Here's a card I've been working on lately.  Actually, I'm in the process of making 30 of them to take to a demonstrator event this coming Tuesday.  I'll swap them with other demonstrators and come back with lots more cards for your inspiration and entertainment.  Since this is a swap card, I've deliberately kept it clean and simple, but I think it still captures the essence of fall...



The stamp set is called "For All Things" and can be found on page 41 of the Holiday catalog.  The images in this set are texture-y and as a result, they stamp with a kind of mottled appearance, with some of the areas lighter than others.  At first I didn't care for the look, but then I took a look at some leaves that fell from our monstrous red maples (yes, they've started dropping already!) and realized that leaves are very mottled... not one uniform color... duh!  I used Crushed Curry, Baked Brown Sugar, and Cajun Craze ink for the leaves and acorns.  I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso.  I stamped over the images with the splatter-dots from Gorgeous Grunge.  For this I used Crumb Cake, so the splatters would be very subtle.  The Cajun Craze layer is embossed with the Woodgrain embossing folder.  I added some of the new cotton ribbon in Early Espresso for the finishing touch.  I love that ribbon!  It is soft and easy to tie.  I know you've heard me say this before, but this card looks so much better in person.

Well, I think I've rambled on enough for now.  I've got to finish assembling these cards and get them ready for swapping.  Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog.  I appreciate each one of you who stops in for a little visit with me on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

Hope your day and week is off to a great start!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment