Monday, September 15, 2014

New Box Maker= Love!

Hi there stampers!

Looks like our summer weather will be continuing for a few more days!  I'm almost accustomed to waking up to sunshine each day after all the sunny days we've been enjoying.   I think it's going to be quite a shock when the weather takes a turn towards fall and the rains start.  I hate the thought of getting out long pants and closed shoes... I much prefer the capris and sandals route.

Over a month ago I purchased the new Gift Box Punch Board (page 5 of the Holiday Catalog) but I hadn't taken the time to play with it until recently.  After all, since we are enjoying a seemingly endless summer, I haven't been thinking too much about the upcoming holidays.  Well, a couple of days ago I attended a Stampin'Up! event at the Monarch Hotel and saw a demonstration of this amazing tool and when I got home, I jumped right in and started making the coolest boxes ever!

Here's a picture of the stack of boxes I made in under 15 minutes...


The Gift Box Punch Board makes 28 different sizes of boxes, so it is a very versatile tool that I'll be using again and again.  And how fun would it be to make a tower of treats like this for friends, neighbors, and co-workers at Christmas, filled with cookies, candy, caramel corn, or other yummy treats?  It would make quite an impressive gift!
The paper I used is also shown on page 5 of the Holiday Catalog.  It is called Under the Tree specialty designer series paper.  This is heavier weight 12 by 12 inch paper, perfect for making boxes. I tied the stack together with the new Cherry Cobbler Sheer Linen ribbon (page 7 of the Holiday Catalog) and added a quick tag stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink on Crumb Cake card stock with the Seasonally Scattered stamp set on page 43 of the Holiday Catalog.

I hope your week is off to a great start!  I've got more to share with you on Wednesday, so please come back and see what I have for you then.
Hugs and Happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment