Friday, September 26, 2014

30 Days of Gratitude

Hi there stamping buds!

I hope your week has gone well and that you are happy to have arrived at Friday.  Today my focus is on gratitude and its role in living a happier, more fulfilling life.  Here's a great quote to jump-start your thoughts... "Happiness isn't about getting what you want all the time.  It's about loving what you have and being grateful for it."  Here's another one... "Acknowledging the good you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance."

If you "google" 30 days of gratitude, you'll be directed to several sites that deal with all the positives generated by gratitude.  Stampin'Up! even has a "Gratitude for Days" Simply Created Kit that you can put together and display on a wall or bulletin board.  Check it out on page 38 of the Holiday Catalog.  Several people I know keep a gratitude journal and write in it every day.  Still others do a "30 days of gratitude" challenge once a year during the month of November, when they record their blessings in a journal that they carry with them.

Here's a small journal I created that will help you reinforce the habit of being grateful...



This little journal measures 4 1/4 by 5... just about the size of a standard card.  It is the perfect size to slip into your purse.  I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink on Crumb Cake card stock,  Check the Holiday Catalog on page 42 for this pretty script-y stamp.  I stamped the center pumpkin in Tangelo Twist, colored the stem with Old Olive, and then stamped.  I then masked off the center pumpkin with a post-it-note mask and then stamped the pumpkin on either side. The journal is held together with staples at the center fold.  Some of the new two-tone thick twine finishes it off nicely.

If you'd like to make a journal like this, please let me know.  It wasn't at all difficult and I'd be happy to show you and your friends how easy it is.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I'm very grateful for each one of you, my dear readers and customers!
May the weekend ahead be wonderful in every way!

Gratefully.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment