Friday, September 12, 2014

Welcome Fall


Hello there, stampers!
Are you glad that Friday's here?  I'm always happy to see the weekend arrive, even though I'm retired.  I guess after working for many years, it is difficult to realize that every day can be like a weekend day when you're retired.

As I gaze out my window I see blue sky and sunshine and the wind moving through the big birch trees outside my stamp room window... a beautiful fall day, even though technically it's not fall yet.  It seems like fall is the favorite season of many people and why shouldn't it be?  Sunshine, blue skies, breezes, and gorgeous leaves drifting down do make it a beautiful time of year.  Of course we Northwesterners know that sometimes those fall days are more gray and rainy than blue and sunny.  Oh well!

Here's a pretty fall card for you!  If you attend my Fall-de-Rol, (a FREE event) on Sunday September 21st, you'll get to make this...




To create the background, I stamped the Hardwood background stamp in Early Espresso on Soft Suede card stock.  The wreath (Wondrous Wreath, page 9 of the Holiday Catalog) was stamped in  Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, and Early Espresso on Very Vanilla card stock, then cut out with the matching framelits.  The sentiment is from the stamp set For All Things (page 41 of the Holiday Catalog).  I used three lengths of Linen Thread, tied them into a bow and adhered the bow to the top of the wreath with a glue dot. The wreath is popped up with dimensionals. Don't you have a friend or two who'd love to receive a card like this to celebrate autumn's arrival on September 23rd?

Hope the weekend ahead will be full of relaxation and fun!
Hugs and happiness!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment