Friday, September 5, 2014

A Complete CASE...

Happy Friday, stampin' peeps!

I'm excited that the weekend is almost here, because my Holiday Catalog Kick-off is both Saturday and Sunday.  There'll be lots of stamping, chatting, snacking, and laughing going on both days.  Oh, and the weekend weather is supposed to be great as well... gotta love that!

If you've been stamping very long, I'm sure you know that CASEing someone else's card is considered an A-OK thing to do.  CASE stands for Copy And Share Everything.  Today I have a card that is 98% cased from Dawn Olchefske's blog,  www.dostamping.typepad.com  When I saw this card, I just had to re-create it!  The only thing I added was the ribbon.  Oh, and I changed the green from Garden Green to Mossy Meadow.  I took away the gold metallic baker's twine and substituted Mossy Meadow stitched satin ribbon. I love the way this turned out and I hope you do too!  Guess it's time to show you the card now...



I guess I should mention that I used Baked Brown sugar for the pinecone... it's just the right golden brown!
This would be the perfect card to create in quantity because it is simple to stamp and because it is flat... no knots or bows, or anything bumpy in sight. Check out this great set on page 27 of your Holiday catalog.  You can change out the pinecone for a gorgeous ornament to hang from the branch with a little hook.

I've got to run now!  I'm busy setting up the house today for the big Kick-Off tomorrow!  Looking forward to seeing many of you this weekend!

Have a great weekend and don't forget to come back on Monday for more stamping ideas!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment