Friday, August 1, 2014

Hurrah for August 1st!

Helloooo stampers!

I'm so excited today... for a couple of reasons.  First of all, I can now place my order from the new Holiday catalog.  I've been waiting for this day ever since I first laid eyes on the catalog at convention.  There are so many wonderful stamps and accessories that I cannot wait to get my hands on!

The second reason I'm excited is that today my customers  (that's YOU!) can order all of the colors of the new Blendabilities alcohol markers.  Stampin'Up! phased these in slowly to make sure they had enough product to meet the demand and avoid back orders on this very popular new product.  Now you can order the final 6 sets:  Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, and Wisteria Wonder.

Oh, and I'll have to admit that I'm excited that the weekend is almost here as well.... gotta love these summer weekends!  Hope you have some fun plans!  My Seattle daughter and grandchildren will be arriving on Saturday afternoon.  Then my California daughter and her two daughters will be arriving on Monday, so we'll have both daughters and all 5 grandchildren here.  It will be crazy, but in a good way!

Here's a fun project that we'll be making at the Technique Geeks class next Friday night at 7 pm at my house.  It's made with the cute new French Fry box die for the Big Shot.



I used a sponge dauber to make large polka dots both inside and out.  Sorry, but the Hershey's nuggets are hiding the dots.  Here's another photo without the candy...



I used Coastal Cabana card stock for the box, then stamped flowers from the Flower Patch set and cut them out with the Flower Fair Framelits... so quick and easy, and cute to boot!  I'll give you a cello bag and some of the Coastal Cabana Thick Baker's Twine, and you'll be able to bag up a treat when you get home.
Wouldn't these be fun favors for almost any gathering?  Little containers like this are perfect for packaging all sorts of favors for baby showers, wedding showers, birthday parties, weddings,--- just about any occasion you can think of.  It would also make a cute birthday gift with a gift card tucked inside along with the candy.  Or go all out with airline tickets to Paris or keys to a new car (just kidding, folks!)  If you were giving a new car as a birthday gift, the least you could do would be to place them in a Coach purse!

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!  Please come back on Monday when I'll attempt to entice you into coming to my class with another pretty card.
Hugs and Happiness!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment