Wednesday, August 13, 2014

It's Hip to be Square...

Hello stampers and welcome back!

Did you ever rock out to Huey Lewis' great song  It's Hip to be Square?  I still play my Huey Lewis CDs and still love that song.  But what, you ask, does that have to do with card-making??  Well, it means that I have another square card for you today, of course!

Check it out...



This was a quick and easy card to create using the new Choose Happiness set on page 118.  Both the flower and the bird image are from this set, but for the sentiment, I used the hostess set called Hello Love on page 239 of the catalog.
Here's the inside



So it says... A little birdie told me  it's your birthday!  The other sentiments that go with "a little birdie told me" are:  "you're getting married!" and "you're having a baby!"   All I can say is that little birdie is working overtime and he'd better watch it!  Sounds to me like that birdie is a bit of a gossip.

I used two of the new In-colors that look so great together... Hello Honey and Blackberry Bliss.  You could easily put this card together in under 10 minutes... if you're quick you could probably make it in under 5 minutes.  There's no Big Shot required for this card, just some quick stamping and punching and assembling and DONE!

I've got one more quick thing to show you before I go.  I made this great storage thing-y for my Blendabilities markers (remember, they need to be stored flat, just like our regular markers so that all of the ink doesn't run to one end).  All you need are some Crystal Light containers and a hot glue gun and you can make one just like this in no time.



If Stampin'Up! comes out with more colors later on, I can always add another container to the bottom row, one more to the second row and an additional one to the top row.  The best thing is that it doesn't take up a lot of room on my desk and it keeps my Blendabilities out where I can see them and remember to use them!

I'm working like a little beaver on my next techniques class... the Paper Torture class.  We are going to tear, mask, sponge, spritz, wrinkle, squish, cut, brayer, pierce, emboss, bleach, and punch our way through three great cards on Thursday, August 21st at 7 pm at my house.  Oh, and of course there'll be some stamping in there too! Come and learn some fun new ways to "torture" paper!  You'll have fun and go home with some new ideas.  The cost is just $10, or the class is free with a $30 purchase.

Please come and visit with me again on Friday, when I'll have more stamping inspiration for you!
Hugs and Happiness!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment