Monday, August 4, 2014

Calling All Technique Geeks...


Hi stampers!  Happy Monday to all!  I hope you all enjoyed a relaxing summer weekend.

Today I'm featuring the last project that we'll be making this coming Friday at Technique Geeks.  I saw a demonstrator make this card in one of my classes at convention and I thought it was a fun and different design.  I'm always on the lookout for something a bit different to share with you, and I thought you'd like it too.  Of course I changed the colors...I'm not one who likes to copy exactly.  Here you go... please take a peek and see if you like it.



For my card stock colors I chose Crisp Cantaloupe, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White.  The ink colors are Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding and Memento Tuxedo Black.  I used the Oval Accents Bigz Clear die for the Big Shot, then ran it through again with the Decorative Dots embossing folder.  The stamps are from Kinda Eclectic and I used some of the Thick Baker's Twine in Crisp Cantaloupe as an accent behind the flower.  The oval was cut with one of the Ovals Collection Framelits.  This card will need a larger envelope, but that is easily accomplished with the Envelope Punch Board.  Check the bottom of page 194 to see this wonderful tool.  You can easily make 66 sizes of envelopes with this ingenious product.  It is a must-have for any card-maker.

May the week ahead be a happy one, as we continue to enjoy our fabulous Northwest summer.
Don't forget to come back here tomorrow and click on the Weekly Deals button to see what goodies Stampin'Up! has on sale this week.  There's sure to be something you need (or want)!
Do something creative today!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment