Monday, August 25, 2014

121 days

Hi there stampin' peeps!

Well, we made it through another weekend... hope yours was relaxing and that you did something interesting, relaxing, or fun, or maybe all three!  I enjoyed a weekend to just "chill."  But of course now that Monday has arrived, I'm back in the saddle again and working on cards for upcoming events.  Did you know that there are only 121 days left until Christmas?  And you know how the time flies, whether we're having fun or not!
Why not make this the year that you surprise everyone, yourself included, and get your Christmas cards out early?  You can easily do it if you start planning now and start stamping soon.
Speaking of getting an early start reminds me to tell you about my Holiday Catalog Kick-Off that is coming up on Saturday Sept. 6th at 10 am.  This Saturday morning session is already full and overflowing, so I'm adding a second session on Sunday, Sept. 7th at 1:30 in the afternoon and I'm encouraging you to join me for this fun annual event.  You'll get to make 2 great Christmas cards with stamps and accessories from the new Holiday Catalog, which will go "live" on August 28th.  There's a lot of excitement surrounding this catalog, and for good reason.  There's a LOT to love in those 51 pages!  If you are signed up for the morning session on Saturday, you won't be receiving the evite about the Sunday afternoon session.  The rest of you should be getting the evite, so RSVP quickly if you want to come to this popular event.  It's free, it's fun, and you'll get to use new products!
Here's one of the cards we'll be making on Sept. 6th and Sept. 7th.  It is done in the clean and simple style and I just love how crisp this looks.  Check it out for yourself...



It is difficult to see, but I used the new On Point embossing folder (page 22 of the Holiday catalog)  on the white panel, which looks like little triangular trees.  I used the Festival of Trees stamp set (page 24) and the matching punch to punch out the trees.  The tree-topper stars were punched out of Gold Glimmer paper (page 192) with the small star punch that's part of the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.  The sentiment is from another great Christmas stamp set called Wondrous Wreath (page 9 of the Holiday catalog).

I hope you'll sign up for the Sunday session of my Holiday Catalog Kick-Off!  Meanwhile, thanks for stopping in today.... I appreciate each and every reader!  Please come back on Wednesday for another holiday card that will knock your socks off!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment