Friday, August 8, 2014

Flowery Friday

A happy hello to all of my stamping friends on this beautiful summer Friday!

 I can hardly believe that the first week of August has come and gone.  I'm loving this gorgeous weather, now that things have cooled off just a bit!  I'm hoping our sunny warm weather will last well into October!  Well, a girl can dream, can't she??

Today I want to show you the second card that you'll make if you come to my Flower Fiesta event on Saturday, August 16th at 1 pm at my house.  I love how this turned out!


 

This fabulous black and white Designer paper is called Back to Black ( page 187 of the annual catalog).  I love the very graphic patterns in this paper!  It makes it so easy to create a very clean and classic card when using the classic color combination of black and white.  Add one bright color, such as the Rose Red I used here, and you've got a great color scheme for a card, an outfit, or a room.  You just can't go wrong with black and white!

The beautiful three-dimensional rose was made using the Spiral Flower Originals die on page 233 of the annual catalog.  Just run the card stock through the Big Shot with this die and then roll the spiral-cut paper up.  The center of the flower was made by cutting almost through a strip of Crushed Curry card stock with the Fringe Scissors and then rolling it up tightly.  The sentiment is from the stamp set Oh My Goodies on page 9 of the annual catalog.  I cut it out using the Deco Labels Collection Framelits on page 231.  I used the same framelits to cut a larger label shape in Rose Red to place behind the sentiment, which helps it pop off the Back to Black designer paper.

Have a great Friday and an even better weekend, stampers! I'll be back here on Monday with another card to inspire you to pull out your stamps, ink, and paper and create something beautiful.

Hugs and Happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment